Friday, May 2, 2008

It's a very sad day indeed...

We learned yesterday that Mira Brouwer, the four year old little girl on whose behalf I had my head shaved last month, has died. Her funeral is scheduled for early next week. She and her family had gone to Florida on a much needed vacation where she became ill with complications from the chemo. Her last week was on a ventilator in Pediatric ICU. I hate Cancer.

May God welcome Mira home! She touched so many lives in her short time on this earth. After three years of cancer, she is finally pain free. I am envisioning Mira with smiles, laughing and dancing in a field of yellow flowers with an abundance of energy and all of the precociousness that a four year old should have.

May God bless Mira's parents Christine and Chris and her brother Jackson as they mourn her passing and try to figure out how to be a family without her physical presence. For them, the pain has just really begun. Just how does one pick up the pieces after the death of their child? I selfishly pray that I never find out. I am grateful to a know that our loving God is there to carry them through this most painful time.

Please take time to tell those you love how important they are to you. I can assure you that Aidan has gotten a few more hugs and "I love yous" in the last two days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home