Sunday, March 16, 2008

TE 41

I have made a living for many years now, by evaluating and improving business processes for clients and finding technology solutions to support those processes. Another key aspect of my work is to help avoid the temptation of clients to implement technology that may be appealing, and then re craft a business process to work with the "new toy." At the end of the day, the goal is for my clients to enjoy more effective and efficient processes that cost less.

On the one hand, I see much the same goal for Theological Education. In this case the question is how to deliver academic offerings with access to more material to a greater audience in a distributed fashion. Technology certainly is a vital tool to support that.
The one thing that I am grappling with is how to address the vast cultural differences that exist within the student body, where technology has very different meaning ranging from a series of tools, to the main medium and mechanism for communication.

More cohesive thoughts on that shortly, I hope:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home